Why Vikings Is Ending After Season 6, According To The Creator

With so much Vikings history and so many potential generations of the Lothbrok clan to explore, many fans of History's Vikings, which will see its final episodes first stream on Amazon Prime Video, don't want the series to end. For creator Michael Hirst, though, it's a happy accomplishment. He's glad to wrap up the story on his terms. In fact, his original pitch to History included how he wanted to end the series.

"I knew in a global sense where I was ultimately going," Hirst told GameSpot. "And it was very satisfactory, in a way, when we came to what I knew was going to be by the last season. I also felt that I'd said as much as I had to say really about Vikings, you know? I started off and I was fascinated by their culture and beliefs, and I wanted to overturn all these prejudices and cliches about them. And [then] I fell in love with these major characters. Often my days and nights for seven years were filled with Vikings. You know, I would write [until] 12 o'clock at night, I commuted to Ireland every week. It was time to conclude the saga."

That said, while Hirst is ready to write about something other than Vikings, he knows how important the conclusion to this story is. Over the years, Vikings has grown from a show about the leader of a small farming village to a sprawling epic that takes place across many nations, as armies declare war on one another and a group of brothers vie for total control of their homeland.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Requirements Released Ahead Of Launch

Final Fantasy VII Remake is making its way to PC, with the Intergrade version including both the base game and the additional Intermission ...